10th Grade Requirements
Documents for Reference
- TMCC High School 4-Year Plan
- TMCC High School Weekly Planner for 10th Grade: Block A & B – 8am Start
- TMCC High School Weekly Planner 10th Grade: Block B Late Start
Students who will be considered for acceptance into TMCC High School will have met the following requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Achieved minimum Accuplacer scores for college admission into
- Math 95
- English 98
- Received a minimum of 3 recommendations from teachers and counselor
- Demonstrates academic and social maturity which includes independent learning and readiness for rigorous high school and college curriculum
Prior to enrollment at TMCC HS, 9th grade applicants entering 10th grade must have successfully earned the following credits:
- English 1-2 1 credit
- Algebra 1 1 credit
- Biology 1-2 1 credit
- Computer Literacy .5 credit
- Health .5 credit
- Physical Education 1 credit
- Lang./Art/Humanities 1 creditTotal Credits 6 credits
- Ninth graders can submit applications in spring 2013 for admissions to the 2013-2014 school year.
- Applications can be found on-line at tmcchighschool.org under the Steps-to-Enroll page.
- TMCC High School staff and the counselors at zoned schools may assist with the completion of the application.
- During the spring 2014 school year, 8th graders will have the option to apply to TMCC High School early. The development of an Education Plan during the student’s 9th grade at their zoned school and successful completion of all admission requirements to TMCC High School, including a favorable interview with parents and student, will guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Teams of college and high school staff will review applications and interview students during March and April so that new students will be notified before the end of the current school year.